Mini Victoria Sandwiches
A modern twist on a classic, ideal for afternoon tea.
At a glance
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Preheat oven to fan 160°C, conventional 180°C, gas 4.
- Grease the base and sides of min cake tins or a large 6 hole muffin tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the caster sugar, butter, eggs and water, beat together with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and level the surface.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until well risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool fully on a wire rack.
- Split in half and fill with strawberry jam and mascarpone filling, decorate with summer fruits.