This cake is made using pineapple, and grated carrot to create a very moist delicious cake, topped with a cream cheese frosting.
At a glance
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to fan 160°C, conventional 180°C, gas 4.
- Grease and line the base of a deep 20cm cake tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, carrots and walnuts.
- Make a well in the centre and add the eggs, oil, vanilla essence and pineapple. Beat well with a wooden spoon until evenly blended.
- Place in the prepared tin and lightly level the surface. Bake for 1¼ hours. Leave to cool in the tin and then turn out.
- To make frosting place all ingredients in a bowl and beat together well. Swirl frosting on the top of the cake.
- Transfer to a serving plate and chill for 30 minutes before slicing.