At a glance
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to fan 160°C, conventional 180°C, gas 4.
- 2. Grease and line the base of your sandwich tins with baking parchment.
- 3. Sift the flour into a bowl and put to one side. Beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the beaten eggs and water with a little of the flour. Gently fold in the remainder of the flour and cocoa powder until all the ingredients are combined.
- 4. Turn into prepared tins and level the surface.
- 5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until well risen,
- golden and firm to the touch.
- 6. Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes,
- then turn out and cool fully on a wire rack.
- 7. Sandwich together with chocolate buttercream and dust with icing sugar.