Apricot & Oat Crumble Slice
Great for lunch boxes, apricots can also be replaced with your choice of different dried fruits. Try with cranberries or dates.
At a glance
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 16 slices
- Preheat oven to fan 160°C, conventional 180°C, gas 4.
- Grease and line the base of a rectangular tin 28cm x 18cm x 3cm with baking parchment.
- To make the filling, place apricots in a small pan with sugar, lemon zest and juice and water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently, uncovered until thick and smooth, but not too dry.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, oats and sugar. Bind together with the melted butter. Press half the oat mixture into the tin, spread with apricot filling, then cover with the remaining oat crumble.
- Bake for 30 minutes until firm and golden brown.
- Cut into squares and lightly dust with icing sugar.