Enriched with milk this loaf has a softer crust and more golden colour. A good loaf to use for a bread and butter pudding.
At a glance
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- By Hand:
- In a bowl, mix together the yeast and the flour. Add the sugar and the salt and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix to a dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead well for 10 minutes by hand, or 5 minutes in a machine fitted with a dough hook.
- Shape the dough as required, cover with greased polythene or cling film and allow to double in size – this may take from 30 to 90 minutes.
- Carefully uncover and bake in a pre-heated oven (220°C, Gas Mark 8) for around 30 minutes. Baked loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Bread Machine:
- Please refer to your machine’s operating manuel for full instructions and size setting before using this recipe.
- Please note the following points:
- Place the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed above.
- Set the machine to the Basic White Mode.
- Press start.